Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 8: Yes, I Love Books

I finished reading The Great Santini. I cried. I transcribed half of my second interview. I went to book club. I laughed a little. I cried a little. I drank a little wine. I came home. I transcribed the second half of the interview.

Now begins the more challenging work of complicating my characters' lives, organizing the overall plot (big events and smaller, humorous moments), and WORDS.

When I wrote SPOTD, I started in the middle. Specifically, I wrote Chase's big crash in the barn on Flight Day. This time I suspect I will start at the beginning, as the first sentence is rolling around in my head, 90% ready to be recorded. Once that first sentence is digital pixels, I'll be off and running.

I received this gorgeous poster (which I had ordered) in the mail today:

NaNoWriMo's 2009 promotional poster.
It is currently being flattened on the largest, flattest surface in my library/office, the top of my whiteboard. The one with all my summer to-do jobs listed on it. So I can't see the jobs. So they don't exist. So I can't do them.

Right?

New prewriting: 2290 words

No comments:

Post a Comment