Monday, July 7, 2014

July 4-6: My Weekend

Report: Lots of family time, boat rides, sunshine, and too much good food. The best sort of holiday.

No new words of prewriting or sentences. But I'm happy to share that I found a title. For the setting's title, as well as the novel's, I was searching for a connotation-rich, one syllable word that could be a person's last name. It came to me as I was driving to my sister's house: King.

The small dairy freeze will be King's.

The title will be Summer of King's or Summer of Kings.

It sounds a little George R. R. Martin, which I like, and its regality plays off Dairy Queen. Plus, I had a goofy study hall group last semester, the students in which took turns wearing my plastic crown (pictured below), drew crowns all over my white board, and made up silly catch-phrases such as "Do you even king, brah?" They wanted me to write a story about them. I took notes.


For Monday: An interview with the current Art's manager, a 9-year veteran of the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment