Saturday, July 12, 2014

July 11: "Managing" King's

It was a productive day. I felt energized by my day off and inspired by Rowell's Eleanor & Park. However, as I spread out the plot, I realized I didn't know how many people worked at King's. I couldn't plan interactions well if I didn't know who was available for the interacting.

So I became King's manager and created a work schedule for the summer.

It's basically in code. Makes perfect sense to me.
One of my favorite tasks when directing the fall play (something is wrong with me)  is taking 30 kids' schedules (full of sports practices and events, pep band appearances, God-forbid-we-miss-it home football games, music lessons, private dance classes, part-time work, out-of-town field trips, etc.) and figuring out call for the first month's worth of practices, dividing and ordering the scenes so nothing conflicts. I can generally make everything fit except driver's ed. So, yeah, doing a work schedule? FUN.

Most important, I figured out how many employees I need. Ten.

Next up: Finding names for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment