Sunday, December 18, 2011

Volume 2: !!!!!

I just printed out a copy of the second volume of my trilogy, S.P.O.T.D.: The Hero Chronicle Continues, formatted in inDesign.

After using Microsoft Office products at work from dusk to dawn, it always frightens me to jump back into Adobe CS5 software. But here's what happens: I hesitantly open my desired file, mouse around a little, make a few clicks, and then forget to be scared.

Adobe products are intuitive in a different way than Microsoft Office. I find my biggest mental stumbles happen in moving back to Office and wanting it to do what inDesign can do. I have Word 2010, it MUST be able to do a simple thing like show me guidelines on a page. But I have no idea how to do such a simple thing... Why can't I just grab the ruler bar and drag it onto the page? Oh, yeah. It's Word.



Overall, I usually feel like I'm in the middle of that whole metaphorical "riding a bike" scenario when I use inDesign.

No comments:

Post a Comment