Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Fourth Tuesday Book Club!

I was invited to be the guest at Montevideo's very own Fourth Tuesday Book Club last Monday night. The book club I usually attend, the Second Tuesday Book Club, was started by the same super-host, Esther Mills. It's best not to get too fancy with names when you are running FIVE book clubs!



In any case, I was delighted by the invitation. The ladies (and MC) were complimentary about the book, naming their favorite parts over and over. One former teacher had figured out my Montevideo inspiration for one of the students, and they all picked up on important moments that figure into the rising action and ultimate climax in volume 3. Quite satisfying for me!

The best best best part of the night was listening to a book report written by a young reader for his grandmother, who was in the club. I'll share it in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment