Friday, August 26, 2011

Creating a Cover

Once we had an illustration of Chase in his superhero costume, Ryan Scheife of Mayfly Design in Minneapolis put together the front cover.




I really like how "clean" Ryan's covers are. I also appreciate his work with Minnesota authors and education related books. Trust me, when you go searching for illustrators and designers for comics oriented material, you see a LOT of cartoon boobs on women who have little to no waists. I didn't want a kid to think "I wonder if there are more books like this if I look up the artists..." and end up at some inappropriate site online. I feel safe with my choices of Ryan and Sean.

 The plan is to do repeat the graphic and title but change the background color, subtitle, etc. for each of the next two volumes.

So...
Opinions on the color for #2?



No comments:

Post a Comment