Saturday, January 4, 2020

A New Website

Sometimes I feel competent when it comes to technology. Sometimes I don't.

For many years, I had a simple website at snowmoonpublishing.com to share SPOTD with the world. I built the site on iWeb, bought my domain name from GoDaddy, and had it hosted through iPage. More than once I had problems getting GoDaddy and iPage to work together, but with a little patience and grit, I figured it out.

Somehow, at some point, everything stopped working. And I no longer had the patience to fix it.

Over this Christmas break, I finally decided to do something about my lack of professional web presence. The least "banging-my-head-against-the-wall" solution seemed to be starting from scratch. So I bought my name as a URL and set up web hosting -- both products from the same company this time.

There was a definite learning curve as I built the site using WordPress. But an afternoon's work was all it took to get a basic site live.

Ta-da!




No comments:

Post a Comment