Sunday, March 4, 2012

Progress

Ladies and Gents, we have a (mostly complete, mostly edited, pretty fun to read) draft!



After the inspiration of a morning spent devouring the brilliant Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan, I eschewed other responsibilities on Saturday in an effort to solidify the total number of pages in Super Power of the Day: The Hero Chronicle Continues. There were rewritten (first draft) versions of two chapters to add into the designed work and nearly final revisions to be made on the rest of the chapters. Despite missing by three months my intended deadline for getting this far on the second volume, I went to sleep content.

Today I typed up all the SPOTD related voice memos I had recorded on my iPhone while driving places over the past few months. I will address them this week. I also revised one of the new chapters. The last chapter for May 16, to be specific. Truthfully, it's not even close to done. But it will get there.

I also submitted the final page count to LSI and requested the cover template. Ryan is back from a break this week, and should be able to finish up the second cover in short order. I found it amusing to look back over the dozens and dozens of emails between us while we designed the first cover. Amusing and a little embarrassing. I'm probably one of those clients a designer dreads. Thankfully, the second cover came together quickly, and I might be redeeming myself.

Final thoughts:
It shouldn't surprise me that so little has been accomplished a) during the school year, when my day job takes over my brainspace and b) during the winter months, when darkness at an early hour seems to cloud my ambition and strengthen my will to procrastinate.

Why the turn around now? Spring. A student who caught me in the hallway, excitedly chattering her anticipation for the second book. John Green. Did I mention he's brilliant? Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment