Thursday, December 13, 2018

Nanowrimo 2018

I had no intentions of "winning" Nanowrimo 2018, but I did have a goal. I wanted to write at least 300 words a day each day of November.

Here are the results:

I did it!

I wrote every single day in November -- even book club night, which is my Achilles heel -- for a total of 15,748 words. That's an average of 524 words per day.

My regular writing start time was usually after 9:00 pm, sometimes much later. I often felt an internal push to keep going until midnight so I could post the most words possible before the day's end. After a while, jumping into my story was part of my nightly ritual rather than a "job."

Best of all, the story progressed significantly, and I can sort of see where it is going next.

I have to admit, December has not been as productive. Let's call it a "Nanowrimo" hangover. On the bright side, I've been getting 1-2 hours more sleep per night this month.

It's delightful.





No comments:

Post a Comment