Friday, June 17, 2016

Old Eyes, New Glasses

My eyes are getting older.

This is troublesome when it comes to writing, because the correct prescription for my contacts and glasses works best on objects a full arm's length away or further. So in order to write on my desktop computer, I have to push my chair back just a bit. Writing on my laptop is trickier, because it sits closer than an arm's length away. Of course I can use readers. But mostly I just make the font size larger and sit by a bright light.

I tried monovision lenses -- one eye's contact just a little reduced in power so reading is easier with that eye. But I grew tired of everything, whether close or far away, being just a little blurry ALL THE TIME. So I'm back to my true prescription in both eyes, and reading/writing is difficult.

Regular me:


I recently bought my first pair of bifocals. Wow, were they expensive. And I have no idea where they are. Somehow I've never lost a single pair of cheap readers, but the spendy bifocals have taken a runner. Still, I'm not missing them much.

A new plan hatched a few weeks ago.

I ordered glasses specifically for mid-distance (e.g. a computer screen), complete with a filter that blocks blue screen light.

So far, I like them.

Computer-ready me:




No comments:

Post a Comment