Saturday, April 18, 2015

Like-Minded Folk


I admit I own a lovely expensive camera, one that shoots not only pictures but serious video. When I bought it, I also grabbed a tripod. Somewhere in the back of my mind was a subconscious desire to become a video blogger. A vlogger.

Why?

Well, I watch a few vlogs from time to time, and VidCon just looks like so much fun. I know, I know. You don't have to BE a vlogger to go to VidCon. You just need to be like-minded folk.



The vlog thing never happened, probably because I'd have to rearrange the books on my library shelves (to be the background). And that would take effort. And mess up the alphebetizing. And, you know, because double chin.

So when I saw that the same people behind VidCon are planning a new con, centered on stories and storytelling, to be hosted in my own backyard of Minneapolis, I immediately bought a ticket. I consider this the first "open door" opportunity created by passing the directing baton.

Nerdcon: Stories. 



As they say...
3,000 people who love the institution of the story and want to spend some time celebrating with like-minded folk.



I am 100% like-minded folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment