Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Task

Having finished the final design work and proofing of S.P.O.T.D. volume 2, I've set before myself the task of rereading volume 1, followed by a similar read of volume two in its (hopefully) finished form.

It should be a lovely day.

Although it's hard to "let go" of the writing and not re-edit in my head as I read, I truly love the story and characters and usually get wrapped up in it like a reader even when I'm supposed to be objectively distanced.



I can predict the distractions that will rear their heads: a new Netflix DVD sitting on the counter, the urge to sew up a new duvet cover (fabric from Mood in NYC), my former student Kristen Brown's memoir, Spider Solitaire, and a recipe from my new Taste of Home Heartwarming Soups cookbook (it's raining).

No comments:

Post a Comment