Sunday, October 16, 2011

Time for Signings...

It's such a surprise and pleasure to field requests for book signings.

I hope to plan one in Montevideo, probably at the public library, for later this fall. Meanwhile, the high school library (across the hallway from my room!) played host to a little book signing party complete with root beer and orange floats. We've already seen the lengths to which my crazy college roommates are willing to go to get books signed. And random students stop in to buy books from me and insist on having them signed before they will leave me to my correcting and lesson planning.

Thankfully, I watched my fellow authors/speakers at the North Dakota Reading Association spring conference as they signed their books, and I learned a thing or two. Thing one: It's important to get the book owner's name right. Thing two: Have a standard line to write in each copy, something pithy and connected to the title or subject of the book.

What have I decided on as my own epigrammatic line? You'll have to buy a book, ask for a signature, and find out!

j/k

"I hope you have a "super" time reading!"

No comments:

Post a Comment